Presserv recommends Cortec’s versatile range of VpCI® coated papers for exceptional protection of dry or oiled metals during storage, transit, and overseas shipment. Renewable, recyclable, and fully-repulpable corrosion protection options in widths nearing 100 inches (2.5 m) for single item packaging, parts interleaving, and more.
VpCI® papers are coated with Cortec's proprietary Vapour phase Corrosion Inhibitors for superior corrosion protection of both ferrous and non-ferrous metal. They do not contain fluorochemicals, nitrites, phosphates, silicones, chromates, or other heavy metals.
VpCI® papers are effective against aggressive environments including humidity, SO2, and H2S.
Cortec's multi-metal VpCI papers eliminate the need to hold stock of a variety of papers for each type of metal you need to protect. They also prevent package contamination by utilising high quality natural kraft paper. Most VpCI papers are fully recyclable and repulpable.
With Cortec’s VpCI papers there are no chemical concentrations to calculate or application systems to maintain.
Simply wrap or interleave your metal parts in VpCI® paper and fold the edges together so there is no free airflow. Use adhesive tape as needed to hold paper folds in place. VpCI molecules in the paper coating vaporise and condense in a protective molecular layer on the surfaces of metal enclosed inside the paper packaging.
When components are removed from the paper, the VpCI molecules naturally float away from the metal, leaving behind a dry and ready-to-use surface.
There's a great selection of VpCI speciality papers available:
• VpCI® creped paper
• Reinforced paper
•.Grease resistant paper
• ESD paper
• Fully recyclable/repulpable moisture barrier papers
The moisture barrier papers offer excellent alternatives to polyethylene and wax papers.
Papers coated with water-based barrier coatings have displayed moisture barrier properties competitive to those of traditional wax or polyethylene coated moisture barrier papers, with the advantage of being more environmentally friendly and easier to dispose of.
• Saves costly time and labour
– no surface preparation required for application
– no cleaning/degreasing required for product use • Reduces raw material requirements
– need for oil is eliminated
– desiccants are eliminated
• Eliminates disposal costs
– products are fully recyclable – no hazardous waste disposal costs
Industry Proven Track Record
• Many years of application and testing ensure reliable results.
• Same product provides protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
• Recessed and non-contact areas are protected.
Safe for Personnel and Environment
• Non-toxic and recyclable, VpCIs alleviate health and environmental concerns.