Replacing a failing fusion bonded epoxy coating with STOPAQ was an easy choice for a natural gas processing plant in Scotland to protect its extensive piping from future corrosion:
- STOPAQ provides immediate adhesion to PE, PP, FBE, blasted steel and de-rusted steel, can be applied in cold temperatures - tested and proven from minus 45°C to 95°C operating temperatures - and requires no heat treatment, drying or curing.
- STOPAQ's visco-elastic nature is self-healing, providing maintenance-free resistance to harsh environmental conditions for a lifetime - it comes with a 30 year warranty:
• 100% stable
• 100% self-healing
• no stress generated
• no cathodic disbondment
• totally inert
• fully amorphous
• no osmosis
• no M.I.C.
• pure visco-elastic technology
- Surfaces preparation: St2-3
- Pipework was then covered with STOPAQ Wrappingband and Outerwrap fully protecting the pipes from contact with water and oxygen, so preventing corrosion.
We offer full applicator training in STOPAQ visco elastic coatings; covering all application scenarios on both pipework and structural steel - Read more