STOPAQ® Wrappingband CZH is a corrosion preventing wrap material adhering extremely well to steel and factory applied pipeline coatings like PE, PP and FBE.
Stopaq® Wrappingband CZH is a non-toxic, cold-applied, visco-elastic prefabricated wrap coating, based on a compound consisting of non-crystalline, low-viscosity, non-crosslinked (fully amorphous), non-reactive Polyisobutene.
It is viscous at the indicated operating temperatures. Due to its liquid nature it has a set of unique properties like cold-flow into all irregularities of the substrate and self-healing of the complete coating system. The compound does not cure and is unable to build up internal stress.
Stopaq® Wrappingband CZH requires an additional flexible mechanical
protective layer like Stopaq® Outerwrap. This improves impact and indentation resistance of the coating system and supports the self-healing ability of small damages like dents and cuts. Optionally a rigid mechanical protective layer can be applied on top like Polyester or Stopaq Outerglass Shield.
• Controlled cold flow providing permanent inflow into the finest pores of the substrate
• Resistance to low temperatures without getting brittle
• Conforms to irregular shapes
• Low surface tension; adheres on many types of dry substrates at a molecular level
• Adhesion based on vanderWaals forces
• Surface tolerant: no blasting techniques required, wire brushing is sufficient (ISO 8501-1: St 2)
• Constant film thickness
• Inert to ageing and weathering
• Environmentally friendly, no health and safety hazards to humans
• Resistant to many chemicals like water, salts, acids, alkalis, polar solvents etc. For additional information, please consult Presserv